Thursday 17 March 2016

The Sailor Moon Manga: Part One




I have something to tell you guys: I am obsessed with Sailor Moon! I started watching the anime in January, and from episode one I was hooked. I adored everything about it, from the story to the characters and the outfits. So, when I saw the manga on a trip to Manchester, I thought I'd give it a try. I bought the first volume and read it in a single sitting. It was amazing, so I decided to get the second one and read that too. Then, as I was eager to read on, I bought the next four volumes, so I now have half of them. I was going to wait until I'd read the full twelve volumes before I did a review, but then I had the idea to do two reviews; one for each half, so today I am talking about the first six volumes.

If you don't know the story of Sailor Moon, I'll tell you a bit about it: it's about a girl named Usagi (Serena in the anime) who finds out she is actually Sailor Moon, a guardian of the moon princess. Then follows a series of battles for Sailor Moon to stop the enemy. In the manga, Sailor Moon has to protect the legendary silver crystal from the enemy, and plenty of people try and take it. The main difference I noticed from the anime is that the story moves along a lot quicker in the manga, not that I'm complaining because I love the anime. I still found the manga gripping, and I finished each volume eager to start the next one. 

The first six volumes are mesmerising, they are wonderfully drawn and each one ends on a cliffhanger, which is always a good point in a serial. I can't wait to get volumes 7-12 to find out how the story continues and finishes.


Nic
xx

1 comment:

  1. I adore sailor moon!! Been watching it since I was a kid! Xxxxxx

    ReplyDelete